Alas I have finished my book series :( therefore it is how I have found myself sitting within a incredibly fast moving train pondering my thoughts.
Alas our train is headed to the fair city of London, our finial destination and I must confess, a highly anticipated one. I am unsure of the appeal however a part of me believes that it lies within how it's history is richly embedded within our own. You can never outrun the past, even though it maybe forgotten the essence of it grips you by the shoulders and whispers in your ear.
Anyways on a real note... When we finally arrived in London (5 hours after we left - there was an hour delay due to flooding) we found our hostel with ease.
Now before this trip I was dead certain that Texas can never make up it's mind about the weather however the UK is TEN TIMES worse! First of all there was that ice cold rain in Dublin and then again in Edinburgh, now London. When we are our way to our hostel the sun was out and it was incredible warm so we took off our jackets when we decided to tour the city. Big mistake! Soon a bone-chilling rain ran ferociously through us. Oh well you live and learn. So we went to London Bridge! First: London Bridge is lame and I think if it fell down no one would really care. (K that's a lie many would care) The Tower Bridge however (you can see it from the London bridge) is amazing and is the famous one you see of London. Upon our stop we saw a sign indicating the way to Shakespeare's Globe Theatre (however I am older than it but it's built using the same design and tools as the original and includes a thatched roof!) In our wandering to find this theatre we came across a market that had grill stations. Our first London meal :)
Anyways we took off wandering found the Globe which I would love to have seen a play in! They have a standing yard that is only £5 right in front of the stage (maybe next time though). Anyways we wandered our way to the London Eye (commissioned by British Airways in 2000) which is technically not a fairs-wheel as it is only supported on one side. But what a sight! Absolutely wonderful! From the tip top you can see out 20 miles out! I would definitely go again! The trip will only get better!

No comments:
Post a Comment