Sunday, June 24, 2012

All trains (at least night trains) lead to Paris

Oh me oh my we find ourselves once again in the city of Pari! Now in all honesty I had no desire to make our way here to this great city. In part I believe that everyone makes a big deal about it and on every travel thing you see it has the Eiffel Tower embedded on it therefore in my desire to be different I strive to see something more unique. However I was no different than any other tourist of this massive city.
We arrived via night train (as all our night trains seem to lead) (I think someone had great desire for me to set my eyes upon its wonder). Paris was slightly cooler (I mean quite a bit) than the sparkling city of Nice. Once again we loaded our bags and set out. Now most people know that I am an awful judge of time and distance therefore what we thought would be a short walk to the other train station where our hotel was located at took roughly two hours (maybe more) to get there so I guess you can say we backpacked through Paris (but seriously that backpack get heavy after awhile). We finally threw our bags (kinda dropped on the bed) of our hotel room and set out to see the city.
Our first stop was Notre-Dame. Wow it is beautiful, there is something about the pride one has to make their cathedral (their place of worship) a sight to behold. Now I like my humble little church however the art that goes into the design of the building is worth seeing. It kinda takes your breath away. Now one of the coolest things we saw was on a bridge behind the cathedral couples carve or write their name on a lock and clip it to the fence for it to never be removed (a symbol that they will last a lifetime kinda like marriage except you can't unlock it without the key).
Now onward to the Eiffel Tower! Well it is tall! Haha I will admit that it is something to see, my recommendation however is to go up it. It is always amazing to look at landscape from a high mark. It is here we decided that crepes were calling our names! :) After a brief pause to charge my exhausted camera battery, we set out to wander the city. Well Kyndall turned down a road without looking to see what it was and therefore we saw interesting parts of the city and found a place called Euro Fried Chicken (I can't imagine it holding a candle to anything in the south). During our wandering we stopped by a chocolate place and gathered a sampling of macaroons. After a stop at the Louve which is something I didn't imagine it being (I mean I knew about what it looked like but I wasn't expecting the location of it. It restes in the middle of a large courtyard with triangular pounds surrounds several glass pyramids with the largest as the entrance into the Museum. Something unique indeed.
However the best thing I could recommend is to visit the Eiffel Tower at night. We caught it as the sun dipped down beside it as we ate our macaroons. First of all they had a rise one that tasted like roses it was weird, just saying. It was so nice though as many people gathered in the grass vin front of it. Groups played futbol and ate snacks while the sun disappeared until another day. For now we bid the rest of Europe farewell as we turn our sights on Dublin and the rest of the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment