Monday, June 18, 2012

From Swiss Chocolate to Italian Pizza

Well after the crazy train issue of yesterday we were beyond happy to finally boarded our train to Bern. While it was a little sad that the only time we spent to Geneva was running to the next train platform, we did manage to get our picture with the sign! (Don't worry Geneva we will be back someday.)

Bern is such a gorgeous town! Seeing as I (Jimma) have been to Interlaken before I was excited for another Swiss adventure. Bern did not depress. From the gorgeous clock tower in the center of town to the adorable houses, Bern has to be the quaintest capital city I have ever been to. For those who didn't know Bern means "Bear" so we of course had to go this morning to the Bern bear pit! The bears were so cute!!!! (Granted that may of been cause I was a good 10 ft above them). From there, Kyndall convinced me that we had to make the hike up the long brick road to the rose garden over looking Bern! For a girl in a skirt and flip flops that wasn't what I quite had in mind, but of course when I know there's going to be an amazing picture opportunity I must go! I was so glad! It was just an amazing view of the whole city of Bern! Such beauty nestled between some mountains. And the roses were gorgeous as well! We spent the rest of the morning walking down random roads and just taking Bern in. Finally, we did make a stop for our Swiss chocolate to take home and even ended up with new Rubber Duckies to add to our collection! Now we have a British duck and a Swiss duck. :)

After returning for our bags, we were off to catch the train to Milan! (For those who are keeping track this means we have been in 5 countries in the last 4 days!) We arrived in Milan and secured the rest of our train tickets for the next week. Then we set out on the adventure of the awful directions to the hostel. I have to give us credit, we are amazing with a map! After finding our cute quaint hostel, we had to see the Duomo! And it goes without saying that we took part in the first of many pizza and gelato runs! The best part of the night had to be the concert in the city center where we hear "Summer Loving" and watched the Macarena take place.

Tomorrow the sinking city of Venice! Ps Now enjoy some photos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment