You know it's gonna be a good day when the British Museum has free admission! I think my heart skipped a beat however first is to watch the lovely British guards change their station in front of Buckingham Palace.
I feel like we have stepped into another typical London day, with it's one and off cold drizzle.
Ok so the changing of the guards was a huge bust today for as much as we can figure the rain scared away all the exciting stuff like the band and the marching (seriously when does it not rain London!) so we did the next best thing. We spent the day in the Britih Museum! Oh be still my beating hear! Part of me thinks that it's sad that the museum would steal so many beautiful artifacts from intriguing places around the world. It would be nice to travel there and lay sight upon their wonders. However it is nice that anyone can see the riches the world holds as not everyone will travel to those places within their lifetime in order to see it for themselves. It's a war I have within myself. Anyway I can talk artifacts and the ideas that go thorough my head all day (which can be dangerous in its own right) so I'll proceed.
After hours (and hours) in the British Museum we went back to parliament square to see Westminister Abbey and the parliament building (that has the bell known as Big Ben inside the great tower that everyone thinks is Big Ben) for one last time and on to the most important part of our trip... FISH AND CHIPS!!!! I mean how can you come to London without it?!?! That's right you can't (unless you don't like fish in which that case to each their own).
Overall I'd give the London experience top points (in spite of the cold rainy wind) and sadly our adventure only foresees an airport in the future.








No comments:
Post a Comment